Family Joys & Woes
My introvert is starting to kick in after a month of being constantly with people between CPE, living with my parents, and my brother down the street. I had a couple hours of the house to myself tonight and it was SO NICE. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying living with my parents, more than I thought I would. They're fascinating and loving people who are fun to be around.
It's a double-edged sword though. I just got home from browsing at Barnes & Noble with my brother (the only extrovert in the family, and geepers he can talk my ear off) and my parents aren't here. On the one hand, I'm grateful to have the house to myself, but on the other hand, I want them to come home because I miss them and want to hear how their day was. My guess is that those of you who live with partners are used to negotiating dynamics like these, but I've been incredibly independent since I left this home 13 years ago - so I'm re-assessing what I appreciate and don't about living with people I love a lot.
In other news, I'm getting used to the weird beast called CPE with its funky & fascinating people dynamics, pastoral calls that break my heart and make me laugh, and rigorous schedule. I'm still tired. I'm realizing how fast this summer is going and how little I'll do besides CPE (and how hard it will be to do that handful of things that I really need to do).
It's a double-edged sword though. I just got home from browsing at Barnes & Noble with my brother (the only extrovert in the family, and geepers he can talk my ear off) and my parents aren't here. On the one hand, I'm grateful to have the house to myself, but on the other hand, I want them to come home because I miss them and want to hear how their day was. My guess is that those of you who live with partners are used to negotiating dynamics like these, but I've been incredibly independent since I left this home 13 years ago - so I'm re-assessing what I appreciate and don't about living with people I love a lot.
In other news, I'm getting used to the weird beast called CPE with its funky & fascinating people dynamics, pastoral calls that break my heart and make me laugh, and rigorous schedule. I'm still tired. I'm realizing how fast this summer is going and how little I'll do besides CPE (and how hard it will be to do that handful of things that I really need to do).

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home