East/West Home...and the List
I'm home - well, this other home here on the left coast. I've had a rocky landing, as those of you I've talked to know.
Here's a synopsis of how the coasts measure up:
East coast home gets points for: green green green everywhere, real heat & humidity, the beauty, safety going for walks at night (ok, this is about living in the suburbs-for better and worse), walking barefoot inside & outside without dirt or danger (and yes, this is about my house & yard versus my parents'), and family close by.
West coast home gets points for: people of color and visible queers everywhere! So many wonderful friends & folks, and the YMCA with my yoga teacher and the hot steam room.
The Verdict: I'll be hanging out here for the next 2 years, then I'm heading East permanently. That's really been the plan for a while, but being there this summer confirmed it as "The Plan."
The List
I've started keeping a "things to do before I leave California list. Let me know what it's missing and join me to do these things!
Yes, I know it's embarrassing that I haven't done some of these things in the 13 years I've been in California. I now have 2 years to be less embarrassed! Help me!
Here's a synopsis of how the coasts measure up:
East coast home gets points for: green green green everywhere, real heat & humidity, the beauty, safety going for walks at night (ok, this is about living in the suburbs-for better and worse), walking barefoot inside & outside without dirt or danger (and yes, this is about my house & yard versus my parents'), and family close by.
West coast home gets points for: people of color and visible queers everywhere! So many wonderful friends & folks, and the YMCA with my yoga teacher and the hot steam room.
The Verdict: I'll be hanging out here for the next 2 years, then I'm heading East permanently. That's really been the plan for a while, but being there this summer confirmed it as "The Plan."
The List
I've started keeping a "things to do before I leave California list. Let me know what it's missing and join me to do these things!
- Wilbur or Harbin Hot Springs
- Japanese Tea garden in Golden Gate Park
- Winetasting
- Joshua Tree (preferably in wildflower season - Jan/Feb)
- Año Nuevo when the elephant seals are birthing - Jan/Feb
- Chez Panisse
- Mavericks (the mega-wave surfing contest in winter)
- Folsom Street Fair
- Sistas Steppin in Pride
Yes, I know it's embarrassing that I haven't done some of these things in the 13 years I've been in California. I now have 2 years to be less embarrassed! Help me!
Etiquetas: List

1 Comments:
nice list. I've actually never been to Joshua Tree but would love to go someday. We've got a similar list running for DC...
Publicar un comentario
<< Home