miércoles, abril 20

Where have all the flowers --oops, I mean April -- gone?

wow. Where has April gone? All of a sudden it's been over a month since CFJ's Summit. I had many grand plans for "the last two weeks of March" -- catching up on Heads Up work, making a long term financial plan, getting back to lots of lunch & coffee dates with cool folks to help me sort out movement strategy and my life.

And now it's nearly the end of April -- or at least it feels that way. I'm settling into unemployment (I just got my first check! very exciting), after my first week of freakout funk. It's incredible to me how much value our society puts on work--meaning paid work. I wasn't stressing about money because I have savings to rely on, but I was still in a complete funk because I lacked structure, a job. Wow. But now, a few weeks later, I've settled into the pleasure of controlling my own time completely, and I've realized that even without a job it's still impossible to do everything that I want to do -- so I'm trying to figure out my balance of downtime, semi-productive putter time (cooking, gardening, painting my room), playing my cello more than I have in a LONG ass time, figuring out life time, and political work. It's pure joy to offer my time & energy to political work that can always use more of both -- and I recognize how lucky/privileged I am to be able to offer that.